Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone first post here, just joined and thought I should familiarize myself. I'm a die hard Massey guy and currently have a fully restored mf 14 that has been in the family since new, and a mf 7 that I am just starting the restoration proces on. I'm also looking to purchase another one to keep in "original" shape at least until I finish the 7. The plan is to buy a 12, or 16. Priamrilly the work I need one for will be pulling a grass sweeper, but over mostly hills. Do you guys think a 10 would have enough power? I've came across several good deals but wasn't sure if they would have enough power.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
An MF10 has plenty of pulling power, no problem. They can pull a 10" plow, so a sweeper would be a cake walk. And welcome to GTtalk!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
:wave: Welcome to GTT.

Those MF10s are a great machine. You'll really enjoy it.

When you get a chance, we'd sure like to see some pics

of your MFs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info! I have a couple good leads on 10s it seems to be more of them around than others. And if anyone is interested I know of two mf 14s for sale in pa. I could post pics if I can figure out from an iPad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always liked the varidrive, it's a pretty cool feature for the time. I was talking to one of my leads on a 10 tonight and it came up that it has a starter/generator, so fingers crossed hopefully I'll get pictures tommorow and can start dealing!

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Lyon, Welcome to GTtalk. :wave: If you want to know about Massey's, then you have found the best place on the NET. The 10 Vari-drive uses the same Trans-axle as the JD 110-112 and 200 Series GTs, if you even need any parts.

Good Luck and enjoy yourself here. :thumbs:

Reactions: LYON222

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Texas, I've also found one of my best sources of info on these tractors is my grandfather. He worked at the Massey dealer way back when and hasn't forgotten a darn thing about these little gems! I'll have to check the serial # i beleive its low but He was responsible for buying the first 14 that came into the dealer in 72, and made sure to get the factory 3 point hitch which I definitely have thanked him for!!! This is of course the same 14 I have restored today

·
Super Moderator
54,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure on posting pics with an iPad, but my signature has a link for posting pics!

Reactions: LYON222

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Welcome to GTTAlk. The MF's are a very popular tractor and are great workers. I have an 8 that I am slowly restoring. Good luck with the 10 purchase!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll try to get you guys some pics later today!! We have our local show this weekend so who knows what treasures will be found:D

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Welcome. Those are great looking Massey's all right. Thanks for sharing those photographs. I'm glad you joined. I'll be interested in seeing your MF7 progress. We had one when I was a kid.

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk, sure is nice to have a Grandfather that is knowledge of a tractor that you just happen to have and enjoy. That is one sharp looking tractor there. Good luck on you search for another.

Dick

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk, those are good looking tractors. You did a nice job restoring the 14. It must be nice to have a reference library at your finger tips to call if you get stuck, especially one that is dear to the your heart. Glad you decided to join us.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts