Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got another one. This one came with a blower, deck, tiller, and a plow. It runs but the axle is locked up. The guy told me it happened when he was installing the chains. Seems to be something in the trans axle that lock up the wheel. Going to pick it up one day this week. I have a snapper from Florida that will donate its axle till I can work on it.

Pics coming

·
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd check the axles for something being jammed betweed the housing flange and the wheel. Good Luck, Rick
That was my thoughts too. I did not shake it around too much by the seller. Hate to fix it in front of him

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
That was my thoughts too. I did not shake it around too much by the seller. Hate to fix it in front of him
I've done that too many times. I'd fix it and they think that I should pay more. I used to chalk it up to no good deed goes unpunished. Not any more!

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Been there and done that, almost lost a deal or 2 because of it. :wallbanging:

Can't wait to see it. :thumbs:

Reactions: ducky

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
That's a really nice package with all those attachments. Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
54,377 Posts
Congrats, ducky! Sounds like a nice package!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Sounds like a good snag.

I would love to have a plow and rear tiller for mine, but of course, I would have to replace the rear pto since the PO removed it all.

:picsoritsnotyours:

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Congratulations on a great GT. Looking forward to pictures when you can.

·
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still not able to get her home. Had to cancel to Saturday pick up due to the snow. The snow was not all that bad but I started plowing snow for a contractor that does that walks and truck posts at the Fox River Mall and it has been busy down there. 14.5 hour for the last snow event.

Pics will come when I can get her picked up.

·
3 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but I can't see where to start a new topic. I have a 1855 and it needs a part for the deck (can't remember what it's called. It's part no. 705957. Any thoughts on where to find it?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but I can't see where to start a new topic. I have a 1855 and it needs a part for the deck (can't remember what it's called. It's part no. 705957. Any thoughts on where to find it?
Post HERE under Massey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts