Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

im new to garden tractor talk, but not new to old iron

as far as old garden tractors, i have a cub cadet original, and a simplicity 535 serf, along with a simplicity 717 broadmoor, that ha havent decided if i am going to restore or strip for parts

then for the big boy toys, a 44 john deere model B, and a 39 ford 9n, 1924 IHC model M 1-1/2 hp engine, 1919, accoieated 2-1/4 hp engine, and a 1934 stover 3 hp engine

as you can tell by me screen name im in to old jeeps, i have a 47 cj2a, 53 M38a1, 59 willys pickup, and 67 M151a1

you can tell I love my old iron

regards,

Mike

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's quite a list of iron you have there!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk Mike. Well, looks like you came to the right place as there are a lot of folks here who like the older tractors as well. Have a good look around the forum and feel free to join in and contribute wherever you want, regardless of the brand of tractor.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike. I'd love to see photographs of all your stuff. It sounds like a great collection. Glad you joined.

·
Bush Hog Addict
3,431 Posts
Welcome Mike! Glad to have you on the forum! I got to ride through the fields and pecan groves in an old jeep many years ago as a young boy.....always wanted one of my own, and you have 4!!! The jeep pickups made around 1977 are another jeep I would love to own.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
:wave: mikes47jeep! Welcome to GTTalk Mike! It's great to have you here with us! It sounds like you have a true appreciation of the old iron for sure! My second truck was a 1962 J3000 Willies and I loved it! Thanks for signing up!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
hi all,

im new to garden tractor talk, but not new to old iron

as far as old garden tractors, i have a cub cadet original, and a simplicity 535 serf, along with a simplicity 717 broadmoor, that ha havent decided if i am going to restore or strip for parts

then for the big boy toys, a 44 john deere model B, and a 39 ford 9n, 1924 IHC model M 1-1/2 hp engine, 1919, accoieated 2-1/4 hp engine, and a 1934 stover 3 hp engine

as you can tell by me screen name im in to old jeeps, i have a 47 cj2a, 53 M38a1, 59 willys pickup, and 67 M151a1

you can tell I love my old iron

regards,

Mike
Welcome to GTT.... Now.. What we will need is pictures... Pictures of the jeeps first.. even a couple pictures of each would be great. I have 2, 46 cj2a's , 66 cj6, 74cj5, 80 cj5, 2001 tj and two Jeep WJ's

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk Mike, Sounds like you are a true lover of old iron. Although our main focus is on GT tractors you will find we have quite a few like you that love old iron as well. Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the willys pickup, the m38a1, and the cj2a with a WWII body on it,

my cub cadet before i started the restoration

and my 1-1/2 HP IHC model "M" engine

more pics later on

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the photo of the willys pickup was from when i picked it up in NJ,

Oh!! and i forgot, also have a 48 ford F3 stake body pickup, still "barn fresh" also didnt mention my flat belt driven equipment.

1920's schramm air compressor

1940's bethlehem cempent mixer

1930's IHC feed grinder

Mike

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
It doesn't seem too bad until you start listing stuff or start lining it up all in one spot
I've found that it's okay to have it all in one shed, but if more than two are in the same spot outside, or worse yet, blocking the wife's garage stall; all bets are off. Immediate stink-eye is deployed, and I get a minimum level 3 glare.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Welcome, Mike. All varieties of old iron welcome here it seems. We have a /47 Willies as well--- not pretty by a long shot, but lots of fun when it was running! Might have to do something about that now that spring looks like it's going to stay a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts