Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to All,

Im glad to find a site where I may be able to ask questions about MF tractor !! Since Im no mechanic ..lol

I have bought a MF tractor with a front-end loader on it. I am Not seeing where it shows like model number ( like a 65 or 135 ect.) I DO have the i.d. tag and have searched many sites and no luck, SO.... Now I FOUND You ALL...lol Please help me identify my MF tractor please. TAG shows : 9A 3I(as in a letter I)8856

Thank you and have a Great week

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk. As been mentioned if you could post a pic we may be able to help.

·
I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork
802 Posts
Welcome and BTW in case you missed these guys(and me) love pics! Hahaha! Doesn't even have to be of tractors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Im sorry for not replying quicker. Between working and waiting for someone to show me how to put pictures on here...lol

I went to a tractor parts store and a man there that used to sell Massey Ferguson, said it looked like a 245 model.

Im just so unsure if it is or not, reason is how i try to look up parts and so on. This is a 4cyl. gas . I Do Not see where it says its a Perkins. Its just sad that I have a perfect i.d. tag and STILL can Not find out 100% what I have...lol

Thanks. Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Plant Font Wall Commemorative plaque Landmark Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Tractor Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Attachments

·
1,087 Posts
By the shape of the hood and grille, looks to be a 200 series from the 70's early 80's probably a 235

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called a dealership and they couldnt just say exactly by the serial # (?) but they ALSO said it sounds to be a 235 . I guess i will need to go with that...lol It is just crazy HAVING the id tag and not get a 100% answer from a dealer.

I appreciate ALL of you....thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SO Friends

Whats it mean when I changed the spark plugs and the plug closest to the steering column had oil on it ????

I ALWAYS have problems...lol

Thanks

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts

·
27 Posts
Not a good Dealer! We sold Lots of 230's &245's! only a couple gas ones, 230's-45's are a Great Tractor.

235's Had 2 steering arms with internal steering cylinder like 135's, But 235's Had Major steering problems!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts