Super Moderator
54,363 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,363 Posts
I'd buy it as it is, but I'd let him know it's not a Massey first!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
It sure looks nice dressed up like a Massey.

Reactions: IamSherwood

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
I'd been looking at those FF's thinking " They aren't Masseys, I don't need one." But by golly, I sure can see now how good one would look in Massey colors!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
So was this painted like a massey? or did AYP make it for sears and massey? Im confused. :tapping_fingers:

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I am going to go look at it. His price is out in left field and thats ok. I would like to know where to find the Sears Data plate to maybe help him understand what he doesn't have and then get the price more in line.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
So was this painted like a massey? or did AYP make it for sears and massey? Im confused. :tapping_fingers:
It is a Sears, not MF. Someone just painted to look like the MF1855.

The Masseys were made by Snapper, two completely different tractors, other than maybe a couple shared parts like rear or hydro pump just cause that specific company made them all at that time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It is a Sears, not MF. Someone just painted to look like the MF1855.

The Masseys were made by Snapper, two completely different tractors, other than maybe a couple shared parts like rear or hydro pump just cause that specific company made them all at that time.
Gotcha! thats interesting. I guess the guy really wanted a massey but he couldnt get one! :bigrofl:

I would get it thogh, the ffs are hard to find.

Ok I am going to go look at it. His price is out in left field and thats ok. I would like to know where to find the Sears Data plate to maybe help him understand what he doesn't have and then get the price more in line.
The model tag should be on the rear of the frame under the fenders if im not mistaken... Get it if it runs and goes good, cause the ff series are very limited

·
Super Moderator
54,363 Posts
The Model/Serial plate is on the 'firewall' under the hood on the engine side. That would be on the left hand side sitting on the tractor. Don't know if I have a pic of the location or not.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:50861]

If you look off the fuel line toward the other side, you can just make out the plate.

Reactions: Petenpole

·
Registered
676 Posts
This picture came up in a Google image search and I said to myself, "why did someone paint a Sears FF to look like a Massey 1855?!". Both are great tractors though. How much was he asking for it and did you end up picking it up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts