Garden Tractor Forums banner

New year, new Bolens

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  red79 
#1 ·
Found a very nice 1050 to add to the growing Bolens collection. I'm glad it turned out to be as advertised as I had a three hour drive in near blizzard conditions to get it back home! It's a very clean machine that's been well maintained and has a freshly rebuilt tra-10d. I know how we all love pictures here, so I'm including some from last night. It was a night full of plowing snow, doing some winter maintenance, and cleaning the salt off my pretty new machine from the long trek from western Ohio to Detroit...

The new acquisition is the one without the plow- it doesn't have to do chores yet!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
How far apart are the serial numbers? If not readable on the tractors how about the engines? Be interesting to see how close to each other they were built. Fine looking machine, both of them.

#14 ·
Found a very nice 1050 to add to the growing Bolens collection. I'm glad it turned out to be as advertised as I had a three hour drive in near blizzard conditions to get it back home! It's a very clean machine that's been well maintained and has a freshly rebuilt tra-10d. I know how we all love pictures here, so I'm including some from last night. It was a night full of plowing snow, doing some winter maintenance, and cleaning the salt off my pretty new machine from the long trek from western Ohio to Detroit...
The new acquisition is the one without the plow- it doesn't have to do chores yet!
Nice addition, looks like the one that was on CL in Newton Falls if that seat is as clean as it looks in the pics ,take it off sell it on Ebay, get the correct seat pan, and a new cover from 29 Chev and still be money ahead.

#15 ·
Nice addition, looks like the one that was on CL in Newton Falls if that seat is as clean as it looks in the pics ,take it off sell it on Ebay, get the correct seat pan, and a new cover from 29 Chev and still be money ahead.
This is the one from CL in Newton Falls. I called on the ad within 2 hours of it being posted and still almost missed it according to the seller. Great guy with a full shop in his garage and Bolens everywhere.

The seat is nice, but probably not a nice as the pictures seem. My current plan is to take the original seat off of my workhorse, have it redone (the thought of contacting 29chev has crossed my mind), and put the restored seat on the new tractor. So the brown seat will go on the other 1050. I'll work both tractors, but the new machine may find itself being assigned the cleaner jobs!

#16 ·
How far apart are the serial numbers? If not readable on the tractors how about the engines? Be interesting to see how close to each other they were built. Fine looking machine, both of them.
Thanks! Serial numbers aren't legible. I'll have to check the engine serial number on the new one. I remember thinking that the other was a 68 based on engine serial number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.