Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a pro handyman in the High Peaks Region of Maine. I recently had a gig cleaning out a garage. Among the items was the Bolens G154. You read that correctly, I was paid to take this tractor. I knew nothing about it. I put my car's battery in it today and it actually runs! Now for the bad news, The 3-pt-hitch is broken where it attaches to the tractor. The is a mounting flange that looks integral to the transaxle that is completely broke off. I'm wondering if it's possible to find parts for these tractors or if i should just part it out. I'd love to have a small tractor however and would really like to fix it up if it's not going to be a money/time pit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,601 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum! I'll bet there are parts around to fix that puppy! If not, you can ship it to me! I'll take it off your hands!

·
Super Moderator
6,325 Posts
Ohhhhh, nice tractor. You'll have fun with that.

Noel

Reactions: DaffyJeffy

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Welcome to GTT. That is a great find. Download the manuals for it from our Manuals Section. Check with our sponsors for needed parts. To get a similar tractor new would cost well over $10,000 these days. Good Luck, Rick

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
Can you take a close up pic of the busted piece? Is it leaking fluid?

It looks like you have a 1979 or 1980 model.

Like Gary mentioned, a good welder can fix that.

You have gotten (for free) possibly the most fuel efficient tractor you will ever find. It is unbelievable how long those 3.2 gallons of diesel will last in those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for all the responses, and views. Here are more pics. Including a good look at the broken flange on the transaxle.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.