Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
Too high! Only worth $124.99 at most. :smilewink:

I'd be more worried about the Tecumseh engine than the tires or belts. Those engines were the death of millions of those otherwise very well built tractors. I grew up mowing with a MF12G and dad always threatened us with our lives if we lugged the engine and/or didn't keep the cooling fins clean. Ours was a 1975 model and the engine lasted until 1989 before it gave out. It held up pretty well considering how many acres we mowed all those years.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Too high! Only worth $124.99 at most. :smilewink:

I'd be more worried about the Tecumseh engine than the tires or belts. Those engines were the death of millions of those otherwise very well built tractors. I grew up mowing with a MF12G and dad always threatened us with our lives if we lugged the engine and/or didn't keep the cooling fins clean. Ours was a 1975 model and the engine lasted until 1989 before it gave out. It held up pretty well considering how many acres we mowed all those years.

Best of luck!
Lugging is a no no with any engine, not only Tecumseh. Slow down or drop a gear when they start to pull down. I would say the asking price is more than fair for this area. Not a MF guy but about anything but green is not real popular. Green paint is always overpriced at least 2X.

·
1,087 Posts
Is that one you looking at in Nolalu? If its not there is/was a massey along the road there as well...north side of road,,,east of bridge...

are you the guy I messaged to check out Harbour Metals?
Hmmmmm, if no one is going to buy it,i see a road trip in the near future for me. Lol. Oh wait, no truck. Grrrrr.

·
Super Moderator
6,323 Posts
To far for me to go. Would be good for extra parts, for me. Price is good for all that stuff.

Noel

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gtractor motor could very well be toast. Guy had it running a few years ago I think. But it has sat outside for several years.

I just need to convince the boss to take me out there with the truck and trailer... He too has a soft spot for little mf tractors...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.