Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the other item I won on ebay a few days ago.
I was a little disappointed when I opened up the package and put it on my 800 only to find out the cover is for a small frame :wallbanging:

The seller had it listed as a "NOS G14 Tubeframe Cover" :shoot2:

At least now my 2 restored tubeframes will not get dusty anymore LOL :D

bolens cover 004.jpg

Attachments

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,247 Posts
Thats an awesome piece!!! Being for a small frame just means its older, which I would think is even harder to find. :thumbs:

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Brian, Very nice score on the cover, Way to go Buddy !!!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
That's nice ,Brian.

·
Super Moderator
54,004 Posts
Real good score! I like that. Have to get out 'Mommas' sewing machine and make some.:bigrofl:

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Gtractor said:
Thats an awesome piece!!! Being for a small frame just means its older, which I would think is even harder to find. :thumbs:
Its not older the small frame were around when the tube frame were.

Nice buy Brian now I need one.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,233 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
Bruce, do you know if they ever made these covers for the Estate Keepers?
I don't know for certain, but I think there may have been. .......I'll have to check some old price sheets to see if anything is listed, as all of the accessories did not usually show up in the brochures.

The 1972 price sheet shows a # 15112 Protective Cover for the small-frames. ....List price was $19.00, dealer cost was $14.00. ....Is this the one you got?

I'll dig through my stash and let you know if I find any info on an EK cover.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruce Dorsi said:
I don't know for certain, but I think there may have been. .......I'll have to check some old price sheets to see if anything is listed, as all of the accessories did not usually show up in the brochures.

The 1972 price sheet shows a # 15112 Protective Cover for the small-frames. ....List price was $19.00, dealer cost was $14.00. ....Is this the one you got?

I'll dig through my stash and let you know if I find any info on an EK cover.
I believe thats the one

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
i know someone that has a couple of these n.o.s not sure what they fit

·
3,233 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
Bruce, do you know if they ever made these covers for the Estate Keepers?
Brian, I went through the info I have here at home, but have not found anything about a cover for the EK's.

A 1966 price sheet listed a #18202 Plastic Tractor Cover for Husky tractors - $10 list price.

A 1972 price sheet listed a #18527 Protective Cover (for tube-frames) - $23 list price, $17 dealer cost.

A 1974 Accessories brochure listed covers were available for G8, G10, G14, H14, QS16, QT16, & HT20 but did not give item numbers or prices.

My Bolens information is not complete, so that does not prove that an EK cover did not exist.

I have additional info at another location which I will check when I get a chance.

·
3,233 Posts
I went through the rest of my Bolens info, Brian, but could not find any other covers listed.

As I said earlier, my Bolens info is not complete, so I can not prove whether or not an EK cover was ever offered.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts