Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My G14 was having a hard time starting since i got it, so i decided to take on the task of cleaning the carb Walbro LMH. Not having done this before i was a little hesitant but having some mechanical skills i dove in. I removed the carb and brought it in the house to work on it. When i removed the bowl i noticed a few things (1)the bowl gasket was done (2)the fixed speed bolt that holds the bowl on was stripped not on the bolt but where it screws in to about 3 or 4 threads (3) the outside tab of the float that holds the damper spring was broke off. So to make a long story short I need to source out a carb kit with float. If anyone knows where I can get one in Ontario Canada iI would appreciate it.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Awol,

What engine does your tractor have? I have several different carbs on the shelf, some rebuilt and some used.

Let me know, Brian

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
texas deere and horse said:
Awol,

What engine does your tractor have? I have several different carbs on the shelf, some rebuilt and some used.

Let me know, Brian
Thanks for the quick reply, It's a Tecumseh HH140-4270E.

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to clean the carb and put it back together without the damper spring, made a gasket out of some gasket material I had. And thought I would try and reinstall it and see what would happen and to my surprise, it started right up.I can't believe it!!!!! I let it run fore about 5 min or so and shut it down. There was a small leak from the speed nut at the bottom of the bowl( as expected) as I could not use the 2 gaskets on the bolt because of the stripped threads.I still don't feel comfortable running it to long and will waite for a carb kit. Snow is coming on Sunday about 20cm and don't have a back-up yet!!!!!

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Here is a phone number to a guy I call for all my tecumseh part new and older stuff
Randy's Engine Repair Phone: (937) 927-5665 or (937) 927-5429--(Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm Eastern time)

I don't have a carb that will work for you, Sorry.
I hope this helps,

Reactions: MH81
1 - 7 of 7 Posts