Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Collecter
1,423 Posts
Found this in the bunches of tractors a couple weeks ago.It had on the id plate The Charles Machine Company.After a quick search turns out to be a early Ditch Witch .It is all there including the Trencher.I will try to get some more pictures in the next few weeks

Tire Wheel Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle

View attachment 71241

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,617 Posts
That's a cool machine you found there! Good luck with it!

Reactions: larryd

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Modification? I think it might someday be valuable to a Ditch Witch collector.

You laugh, but hey! Who'd have thought we would be collecting lawn mowers?

Ben W.

·
Collecter
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got some some things given to me by Grandpa at the tractor grave yard,they were not high dollar stuff but it is a start.The Grandson told me he must really like you because he never gives stuff away.He also shot me a price on the Ditch Witch,I ask him about it and said he was going to take it to the scrap yard as he had no use for it.when he parked it he had just rebuilt the engine and got done digging with it and it started making a noise.He thought it was the bolts came loose from the torque converter.He finally told me he would take,which was 300.00 told him that i was going to the beach for a week and would not be able to do anything until next month.The grandson said he will not let anything happen to it.It is a V-4.Found this picture on the Ditch Witch site

408190_10151102356878236_304064718_n.jpg

·
Collecter
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is probably more than i can handle

What a nice find! That would be one awesome project.
I was at a friends house the other day and his cousin happened to be there and told me that he worked at a powder coating company.They just so happen to be doing work for the place that i work and told me his boss said he could do work on the side.He will do a gt ,sandblast and powder coat for 100.00.I will have to find out what this would cost.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Looks like a wisconsin in it...

Does he have any Bolens stuff?

·
Collecter
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like a wisconsin in it...

Does he have any Bolens stuff?
I have not seen but 2 bolens there.One was on the bottom of about6 tractors stacked on top of each other it was all rusted away and the other was not an older one.do not know what model just remember it was green and white.I think i have a picture posted on here some where.There is a john deere electric lawn mower in the trailer that the roof is about to fall in on.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
If you can get a photo of them would be great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts