Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tractorholic
583 Posts
If someone did that to a Case GT, I wouldn't concern myself with WHY he did that. Instead, I'd just go there and haggle with him to get the unit for the lowest possible price because I'd look upon it as an opportunity to get my hands on a decent, running parts tractor or if it was a hard to find model, it would become the start of a restoration. Maybe he still has all the parts he took off of it.

You have to understand that many people don't give a damn what brand a tractor is. Brand means nothing to them. It's all about whether that old GT can still do a job or not and if they have to modify it to make it useful to them, then out come the tools. Telling him your feelings about what he did would be a waste of time because he likely wouldn't understand or even care. It only matters to those who collect Bolens.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
And that one doesn't bother me,It's a little newer model than I collect.Not to say that it isn't worth as much as the older models,but I don't think it is as collectible.There for not as much of a crime to destroy or mutilate.Just my opinion .

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,530 Posts
Why?....Because he can.......as silly as it looks. It might be quite practical for him

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
If it were me, I'd build a dump trailer and save the GT for other implements. Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Other then the holes he drilled in the hood to mount the seat, that is probably the only thing he mutilated. Looks like all he did was unbolted the seat, bolted it to the hood and mounted a homemade box in the original seat location. I am guessing he never did anything with the clutch pedal and uses it in the stock configuration, just pulls it back instead of pushing forward.

Talk about hot legs and hot nuts. That's gotta be warm riding on the hood in the summer LOL

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,247 Posts
[quote name='DGS345']found this add not sure why someone would do this to the poor bolens

Because a new Mule or Gator is 8 grand. LOL

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
tweidman said:
I wonder if it has one forward speed and four in reverse? lol
It would almost have to wouldn't it ,......unless it is hydrostatic.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Gtractor said:
Because a new Mule or Gator is 8 grand. LOL
That's a really good point you've got there! :bigrofl:

·
Bolensholic
303 Posts
True... unless he got really creative and put an engine with the opposite rotation in it. hehehe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts