1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Got Sum
1,221 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Had one of those, they move a lot of snow however they do take a lot of power to run them.

I suspect that blower weighs more than a new Garden Tractor weights !!

·
83 Posts
those are big snow casters. make sure you use the assist springs!

My father has one on his HT20. His driveway has a bit of an incline, so to get traction he has the cozy cab, calcium filled rear rims, wheel weights on all four corners, and a custom weight box on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Buddy of mine has one sitting in his yard up here. Came off an Iseki. It's for sale, but I don't want anything to do with it. I'll stick with the singles.

·
83 Posts
Buddy of mine has one sitting in his yard up here. Came off an Iseki. It's for sale, but I don't want anything to do with it. I'll stick with the singles.
The single stages work great. I have a single on my 1250 and a dual stage on my GTX18. The nice thing about the single stage is that no matter how much snow is in front of you, it still throws snow. The dual stage needs to be fed like a hopper and always seems to leave a pile at the end of wherever you stop. I don't notice much a difference in throwing distance between either unit. Of course the dual stage on the GTX18 is much smaller than the subject dual stage large frame unit.

·
1,204 Posts
Yep, they throw snow like crazy just go very very slow when in the raised position. The bumps and are what break the bolsters when the machine is in the raised position and you are in a big hurry to get somewhere, go slow in the raised position. Check this video out of my 1886 when I had the two stage on it, quite impressive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought the unit from wrenchin on it and man ,that thing is a beast.Im planning on leaving it mounted on a tractor at a commercial sight i take care of.We are gonna weld casters on it so it moves around more smoothly.I will post pics soon.By the way thanks to Rick Show for
Making yourself available for the pick up of the blower.Very much appreciated!

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
I bought the unit from wrenchin on it and man ,that thing is a beast.Im planning on leaving it mounted on a tractor at a commercial sight i take care of.We are gonna weld casters on it so it moves around more smoothly.I will post pics soon.By the way thanks to Rick Show for
Making yourself available for the pick up of the blower.Very much appreciated!
No problem Brian,was glad to help out,also was a good time to catch up on things,good luck with it,they will blow some snow

·
Registered
311 Posts
All I can say is, I Love my big two stage. When we get those big dumps off of Georgian bay, (sometimes 2' or more) it always clears the driveway with ease. In fact, I find myself wishing my driveway and parking area was bigger so I could spend more time in the seat.
Also, a cozy cab is a must, I don't know what I would do without it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts