Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hmmmm.... I'm guessing some kind of Large Frame tractor? Is that a custom homemade front forklift attachment on there with a rear weight box or am I hallucinating?

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
Good luck. Heck of a teaser.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It looks like there is a bulge on the top of the hood! That could be a clue.

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
Good luck ol' Buz

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Well, not a week, but I won't be able to post pics until Saturday when it gets delivered :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

It's an 1886-01. Worchester's Inc. in North Ridgeville, OH was a Bolens dealer at the time. They took it out of the crate, assembled it with a power steering kit, and then sent it to Green Mfg Inc. in Bowling Green OH who put the forklift kit on it.

It then spent all of it's life moving pallets of seed, fertilizer, etc. at Worchester's.

I found out about it over a year and a half ago, and have been wanting it since. I finally got the guy to finally come up with some numbers today, a counter offer was made, $$ changed hands and I now own it.

That 'hump' you see on the hood is a yellow rotating light.

It's going to need some work. Probably a carb re-build, and the linkage from the pedal to the hydro is disconnected. New tires all the way around will be necessary as well.

As far as I know, only two other people here knew that it existed, but I never told then where it was at.

Believe me, it was hard to keep quite as it's definitely a rare, if not one of a kind Bolens

Here's the only other pic that I took of it. It shows the tag on the mast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
The forks are on the front? There must be some serious counterweight on that monster.

I don't need a rare Bolens. I just want an 1886 with a mowing deck and PS. Nothing fancy.
Drive to MI I think I have one........

Reactions: Cat385B

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
It looks like there is a bulge on the top of the hood! That could be a clue.
I have cats in my "portable" garage....Maybe he has a cat under the blanket! :bigrofl:

·
Super Moderator
54,015 Posts
Saturday? Dang it! That's half a week away!

Congrats, OB! Great job on snagging it!

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
She must have at least 1" front spindles to handle what that thing can lift! That has to be a super rare find for sure.
Hard to tell what the axle size is right now, Yeah, I've been real lucky with finding and getting some hard to find Bolens goodies.

I don't know if you can read it, but the data tag on the mast says that it's rated for 750#.

Once it gets here I'll try to get all the data off of that plate that I can.

It's interesting that it had a model number on it: MODEL 71 GT.

That makes me think that they may have made then for other tractors as well.

Of course, I WILL be making a video as well as taking pics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts