Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an H14 last night :D :D :D

It's a -02 so it would be either a 1974 or 75 since the appears that the -02 production run spanned both of those years.

Reason I got it was to use it with the EZ-Vac. The 1256 that I was using it with just will not lift the mower deck high enough and even with it raised all the way up, it cuts WAY lower than I like. I think that the 1256 will get the Haban Flail-Mo put on it.

It's rough looing and needs a bit of carb work. For one reason or another, when it's cold it doesn't want to start without just a wee spritz of carb cleaner. Once it's warmed up, it starts just fine.

It's not charging, so I think it may need a voltage regulator as well.

Other than that it's, mechanically in good shape. Cosmetically, it's rough, but does have good straight tin.

Of course, I have pics :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not ALL, but for the ones I use the most :D :D :D

Reactions: KC9KAS

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me--- I hate switching implements!! lol
That's what some of the big money farmers around me do. They'll have a couple tractors reserved for one task.

If you ask my opinion, I say it is a good excuse to explain to folks why you have so many tractors!!

Ben W.

Reactions: oldedeeres

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Hi OB, good talking to you today. Nice collection and thanks for the pile of information. After our talk I renewed my search for a Haban flail mower but struck out yet again.

There are of course plenty of Bolens tractors to choose from, thankfully. I did take a liking to this 1220 I saw: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/4019283536.html

Best regards

Emmett
HI welcome to GTtalk.

That 1220 has the wrong engine in it and shes a little pricy.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi OB, good talking to you today. Nice collection and thanks for the pile of information. After our talk I renewed my search for a Haban flail mower but struck out yet again.

There are of course plenty of Bolens tractors to choose from, thankfully. I did take a liking to this 1220 I saw: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/4019283536.html

Best regards
Emmett
:welcometogttalk:

Good to see you here!

It was a nice visit, and I'm sure we will get together again.

The 1220 is quite a bit overpriced. I'd advise against it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts