Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an old Viking yesterday, very beat up, another winter project and was wondering how rare they are. Found out they were made by MTD, but that's about all I know. Will get photos tomorrow night as I am going to get it tonight and might not get it off the truck til tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's smaller than that. Probably has an 8-10 horse Briggs in it. No MTD 990. Those are rarer than a Sears suburban around where I live.
And Canadian hobby farmer, my name actually came from a tool my father used to split rocks before driving fence pockets in the ground. He called it a Rockinator.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
It's smaller than that. Probably has an 8-10 horse Briggs in it. No MTD 990. Those are rarer than a Sears suburban around where I live.
And Canadian hobby farmer, my name actually came from a tool my father used to split rocks before driving fence pockets in the ground. He called it a Rockinator.
Actually no. THAT is a 990. The 16 stands for 16hp. Also it's a hydrastatic with 15 in wheels. I bet you money on that one

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.