Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for one of the Onan Elite single cylinder OHV engines for a project. Looking for both the horizontal(came in cub cadet 2140ags) and vert shaft, came in some WH/Toro, usualy has Toro on it and not Onan but looks unlike any briggs or other common brand. Wanting to build a short frame WH with an Onan and a vert for my neighbor using Onan engines. Running or non running are acceptable. If you have other Onans that you just need rid of but dont want to trash, I will take those as well. Thanks Mike

· Super Moderator
1976 Sears SS18, 2008 JD 2320
14,292 Posts
Will parts be hard to get due to the small production runs? I've never seen the Elite designation on a mower engine.

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The vert shaft was used on the WH's around the same era as the 520h's were being made. The horizontal crank version I have only seen in the one Cub Cadet model, but I have heard they were used elsewhere as well. Definatly not a common engine but same source for parts, Cummins/Onan or Stens. I had a chance to get one from a cub for a song and a dance, but passed on it. Really wish I would have grabbed it back then. I know they ran well in the cubs, seldom was there an issue with those engines, but the rest of the tractor ususaly fell appart around the engine. Mike

· Registered
19 Posts
I have an Onan 140 motor out of a cub cadet that I would sell. I was going to put it in one of my older cub cadets. I was told it ran strong but need starter rebuild and no air filter or cover. It has PTO clutch on it. Can text pictures if interested. $100 Jerry

· Registered
1 Posts
Looking for one of the Onan Elite single cylinder OHV engines for a project. Looking for both the horizontal(came in cub cadet 2140ags) and vert shaft, came in some WH/Toro, usualy has Toro on it and not Onan but looks unlike any briggs or other common brand. Wanting to build a short frame WH with an Onan and a vert for my neighbor using Onan engines. Running or non running are acceptable. If you have other Onans that you just need rid of but dont want to trash, I will take those as well. Thanks Mike
I have a sgl. Cyl. ONAN ENGINE I WILL SELL, It looks to be about 12-15 HP. This is a NEW never cranked it came without carb or starter.I was gonna use it Onan mower but bought new instead.ive had it 5-6 years. Anyone interested Text Bobby @334-672-5374

1 - 9 of 9 Posts