Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Took tractor apart more to explore what I have. Found points on top of engine Onan BF-MS with no cover. This normal place? Covers available anyone? See pix.

Gonna need points, condensor, Intake gaskets, carb base gasket and intake canister gasket (top of carb). OR, those come in a carb kit? Might need kit too, or at least bowl gasket to get back together. Have to pull intake manifold off just to get carb off, good planning Onan! Who's got these parts?

Took piston out of my Onan today, what you think? :D

I get cranking some times crossing the selinoid, but not always. Can't get key to crank it, yet have hour meter reading, power to the lights, and pto. When it does engage, runs well. Cleaning terminals next. My Battery pack may not be strong enough? Charging it up now. I need to get battery, but must be bigger than standard GT one, with lead terminals like a car? Will look into that.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
What did you get that piston out of? Doesn't look like any I saw there, looks more like a 2 stroke piston, with the 2 rings and ports.

Dan

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DL North, that piston was clamped into the space for orig coil mounting. Took it out and is big open area down into blower housing, so just for plugging I guess? Was just kind of a funny to put that on here!

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
OK, frustrated today working on stuff on this engine. Bought ready to chuck it and put other in. I was afraid the points were not correct for this engine, including the base. Now I see that other link and they do look same I guess. Here's pix of what I pulled and engine.

Attachments

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Those are correct. At least that's what all my B series engines run. Don't let the engine frustrate you. Once it's going, you'll forget all the troubles getting there. They're beasts to work. Never seem to run outta power. My 420 would break something before that P220 runs out of power.

Eric

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts