Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Hey Bob, not 100% that they were factory installed, but I have a '73 110, a '69 60, and a '74 70, all John Deere's, with these decals on the fenders. They are all pretty much located in the exact same locations, centered on the fender lip, directly behind the seat. I wasn't aware of these decals being installed on tractors either, but it may be possible?

Alan, if you are looking for these decals, one of our site sponsors, Hapco, has them reproduced. Not sure if they are the brushed aluminum or the brushed gold though.

Here is a picture of one that is installed on the rear PTO cover for my '70 140. This decal however, could possibly been attached due to the rear PTO drive shaft, and not necessarily for the tractor itself.

Wood Font Metal Gas Hardwood

Attachments

·
1,087 Posts
I'm not too sure about the 10/12 tractors having them. But I know the 50 and 55 series all have the triange decal right under the serial plate on the left hand side panel.

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Hey Bob, not 100% that they were factory installed, but I have a '73 110, a '69 60, and a '74 70, all John Deere's, with these decals on the fenders. They are all pretty much located in the exact same locations, centered on the fender lip, directly behind the seat. I wasn't aware of these decals being installed on tractors either, but it may be possible?

Alan, if you are looking for these decals, one of our site sponsors, Hapco, has them reproduced. Not sure if they are the brushed aluminum or the brushed gold though.

Here is a picture of one that is installed on the rear PTO cover for my '70 140. This decal however, could possibly been attached due to the rear PTO drive shaft, and not necessarily for the tractor itself.

attachicon.gif
Various 020.JPG
You made me have to look. After looking at a couple dozen I did find it on a couple sears tractors. So never mind my first post. Now I wonder if it was something put on all tractors or what. My HT23 does not have one and I know it is original except for the dash that I replaced.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I know on a couple of the John Deere attachments, these decals were installed, but they also had the attachment model listed on the decal. Say if you find one installed on a mower deck, the decal would have maybe the Model 39, 41, & 48 listed on it.

Could it be that every individual tractor wasn't inspected, say maybe only every 100th one produced? Could be the reason for only a "few" of these decals showing up, and not on every tractor? I don't know, just a guess. I'm sure there was a price to pay to have these tractors inspected, would just be a matter of finding out if the price included every tractor for the whole production year, or if it was per each tractor. If per each tractor, that could be expensive, especially back in those days.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Alan, one of the founding board members of the OPEI was James L. Quick, who was the founder and president of Quick Manufacturing, Inc., more commonly known as Springfield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts