Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractorholic
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a lawn and garden book with original price sheets in it from November 1977. If someone would like to help me I would be willing to email copies of these pages for them to put on the site. I don't know how to do it nor do I really have the time! Very interesting seeing how cheap prices were to todays prices!

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
Bought a lawn and garden book with original price sheets in it from November 1977. If someone would like to help me I would be willing to email copies of these pages for them to put on the site. I don't know how to do it nor do I really have the time! Very interesting seeing how cheap prices were to todays prices!
I can scan them into .pdf's, but cut out the middle man, and see if George or one of the techie guys can upload them right to the site

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have these been uploaded yet? I'd be very interested in seeing them!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks!!! That's pretty neat stuff...It looks like an 1855 tractor with 3ph/rear pto and a mowing deck was pushing $4,300!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Dad's set up for his 1650 was $3,628.75 plus Scoop Tote. Sounds close to what I remember. I was thinking around $3,900.00 plus tax. I thought he was crazy but now see his wisdom.

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
Prices are pretty much as I remembered them from when I first saw the 1655 in the summer of '77. What surprises me is that I got the Canadian prices, not the American, and they are within $10 - $20 for the most part, and our dollar was not at par!

It's also nice to see the weights of the tractors and implements. Who'd a thunk the 4850 tiller weighed 385 lb. I was told it was 320 lb. WIth calcium loaded tires, wheel weights, chains, 150 lb of front end weight, and the tiller, according to the posted weights, my 1655 topped out at almost exactly 1 ton plus operator. When I got it weighed a few years ago with the FEL, no wheel weights, and nothing on the 3PH, it tipped the scales at exactly 2000 lb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts