Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the original tires were on a Snapper 1650? Getting ready to replace the rears and full set of Goodyears look awfully weather checked. Wondered if they are over 30 years old?

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Is there a 1650 operators manual in the manuals section. Have a look. The manuals will sometimes specify brand of tire as well as size. My guess would be that the Goodyears are original. I have original rear tires on a 83 JD314 that are Goodyear and they still hold air pretty well.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a 1650 operators manual in the manuals section. Have a look. The manuals will sometimes specify brand of tire as well as size. My guess would be that the Goodyears are original. I have original rear tires on a 83 JD314 that are Goodyear and they still hold air pretty well.
Thanks, yea they're good tires just not enough traction. If these are original and I think they are, my GT hasn't had much use.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
They last a long time. I know my 314 had a lot of hours on it but still has lots of tread depth left. If the tractor was used primarily for mowing then the tires don't wear much . Actually the turf tires on the 314 have good traction on hard surfaces. I lowered the pressure in mine to the point that they were squatting a bit and used the tractor with a box blade to grade the church parking lot. I was really surprised at how well they worked for that job. Not so good for mud, garden soil or sand though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts