Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 [DOWNSIZED IMAGE].jpg This is a pic of my mom and her 2 sisters when this mower was fairly new as can been seen by the paint. My great grandpa owned this mower at that time. I sure would like to find another one like it for a sentimental value. Anyone have one close to central Indiana?
Anyway thought everyone would like to see old time pic. every now and then.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Thanks for posting that pic, I sure do like the vintage ones. I hope you can find one!!

·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can you tell years on these mowers? That would be perfect to find another 1963 to go with my W.H. 753 1963

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Nice picture! The '63 800 was a sharp looking tractor with its unique hood decals. I have one, and Im anxious to restore it. Good luck finding one, if you look often you should be able to find one.

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Dieselcowboy said:
How can you tell years on these mowers? That would be perfect to find another 1963 to go with my W.H. 753 1963
Well, I'm sort of a Bolens Nut/ Addict and after a few years of hardcore collecting and studying manuals, Talking With Bolens dealers I guess you could say I know my Tubeframes pretty well.

The 800 was made from 1963-1965

Here's some pictures of the different models (Note the color and decal changes that were made)

800 63'.jpg

1964-1965 Below ( I am unsure of when this decal change was made, I am pretty sure the 2 different decal combos were used in both 64 and 65' which is really strange to me.)
bolens are back home 007.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I may change my mind about keeping the Bolens 800 if that means I can get a '57 Rideamatic.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
if you were closer to jersey there a 63 800 with a plow for 125.00 its rough but deff could be restored

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Great picture,thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
54,017 Posts
Thanks for the pic. It's cool to see something from way back when.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts