Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think it’s gonna be a bit too cold to paint. The rustoleum can I’m using says it must be 50 degrees in order to paint. Is there any ideas on how to paint? Here’s the temperature for the week.

Font Rectangle Circle Science Screenshot

(Yes I know it will be 52 and 55 but those days I don’t have ANY time to paint). It will be in the 40’s for the time I will have. I am thinking of painting in the garage however I’m not sure I can make it work. Please let me know. Thanks all

Reactions: 4getgto

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got any heat in there? Outside temps don't apply to inside. Around here when it's close to 50F outside, if I have heat inside, I warm the part real good. Take it out to paint, then back in to cure!
That’s a good idea. I was wandering if that would work. I’ll figure something out here soon.

·
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're border line on temperatures. Its not to say the paints going to fall off. Just got to go thinner coats with longer wait times in between. And a longer overall cure time. You may not get the gloss or shine you want to see in the cooler temps but should work if you really want to get paint on it. Bigger concern would be keeping rain and dew off of it while drying. That will make it look ugly real quick.
Thanks for the advice :)

Reactions: travas
1 - 3 of 3 Posts