Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mom passed away Friday night so now both my parents are gone. I never really had to much to do with my Mom , over the years. I didn't think her passing would have left a empty feeling in my Heart , so it's surprising that it has. No matter how I look at it she gave me life so guess knowing that it makes me feel sad. It wasn't that we didn't talk or get along it was more of how when younger she and my Dad split up and left me and two of my Brothers with my Dad. She didn't really have to much to do with us after that so guess we drifted apart. Anyway I guess resentment is more how I felt towards her over the years and never really resolved that. So guess in away that why I'am probably feeling guilty for not seeing her as much as what I did. So today I'am feeling down.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Losing a parent isn't an easy thing. Add in a few unanswered questions or a couple regrets and it can consume most of your thoughts and energy.

Regardless of all else and any circumstances, you must believe that your Mom loved you and she wouldn't want you to be in turmoil or any sadder than you need to be to heal.

I will pray for your Mom and all the souls that have gone before us. Also a Prayer for you and your family that the healing is as easy as it can be.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
I've been down that path and can feel your pain. Believe it or not you are doing the right thing by opening up and discussing this. It always helps to get those feelings out and not bottled up inside. I would also suggest maybe write her a letter and tell her your true feelings good and bad. No she won't see it but you will feel better. If you find you have anger tear up the first letter and write her another one and keep doing it until there is no more anger. Hopefully soon this will no longer be an issue. Wishing you the best.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
So sorry for your loss. The natural turn of things is that our parents go before us, but that doesn't make it any easier. IMO, Wildbill's advise is sound. We can't reconstruct the past but we can learn to deal with it and accept what has happened without feeling destructive guilt. Letting things out is healing and we are all here to listen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.