Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a draglink for my 1053, socket pulled out of the rod,being held on with zip ties so i can move it if needed

·
Registered
79 Posts
The linkage for the steering? If that is what you are talking about, I had to replace one on my 1050 a couple years ago. Ordered it through one of the Bolens parts sites on here (can't recall which one). Part was brand new, wasn't very expensive, and was a direct fit.

Edit. Just went back through my emails, and I believe I got it through Sams Bolens, which i do not see linked to anywhere on here.

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
To get you going till you get one, you can take a flat washer, cut it in half cross wise, put it over the stem of the ball joint and weld it to the steering arm. Will run a long time, just keep it greased.

·
DR. Bolens
19,077 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup non replaceable, was thinking of making it a replaceable type but not sure yet

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get you going till you get one, you can take a flat washer, cut it in half cross wise, put it over the stem of the ball joint and weld it to the steering arm. Will run a long time, just keep it greased.
Good idea works for me only use it to plow driveway

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had the same issue. I popped it back in and peened the metal around the hole with a punch to get it to stay in. This worked for a while, but it would eventually work itself loose again. I finally just cut the end off and drilled and tapped it for a replaceable end.

Jim

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts