Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ok guys here are photos of my Dad's old Scoop Tote mounted and operational. Also, a photo of Dad after he bought the scoop in 1978. This has my dream since I bought the garden tractor back almost two years ago. Actually started dreaming about this a couple years before that. It rained last night so I've got to wait a little while before I use it. I have two projects waiting. Thanks guys for all your help answering my questions. It wouldn't have happened without you. Another garden tractor forum brags that they are the best one out there. I don't think so.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looks great!!!

Functionally, how does this scoop work? Is there a way to dump it once you scoop something?

--Eric

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great!!!

Functionally, how does this scoop work? Is there a way to dump it once you scoop something?

--Eric
It works just like an endloader, down pressure and all except won't lift near as high. It has a trip loader bucket. It's been about 30 plus years since I've used this one but hopefully tomorrow. Trip loader has a rope release.

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
I'd like to see more of the innards of this. Got things floating around upstairs, shall we say!

Reactions: gtcsreg

·
5,515 Posts
Man, that is neat. I had been thinking of trying to make a carrier of some sort. But a dump bucket is cool. Another thing to put on my wish list.

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
Great pics! Those help a lot. Pretty simple design!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spent maybe four hours scooping and scraping today. Sorry no photos, racing the rain. Worked great, this GT is made for this kind of work. Started picking up the old "tricks" fairly quickly, thankfully. You guys would love this Scoop Tote. The thing that gets me is lots of people say they would love this and the company that made them is still in existence. Sadly, they no longer make them. I think there would be a very good market for them. They are very well made.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It works just like an endloader, down pressure and all except won't lift near as high. It has a trip loader bucket. It's been about 30 plus years since I've used this one but hopefully tomorrow. Trip loader has a rope release.
How do you get down pressure with it? My rear three points won't provide down pressure at all?

--Eric

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How do you get down pressure with it? My rear three points won't provide down pressure at all?

--Eric
Ok, there's a stop welded in so I guess you get it when you put a partial load in the bucket. I said that before I used it. Memory must be going. Sorry!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok, there's a stop welded in so I guess you get it when you put a partial load in the bucket. I said that before I used it. Memory must be going. Sorry!
No problem!!! Just making sure that mine was functioning correctly. I do wish they did have a down pressure option on these 3 points! The scoop looks great...

--Eric

1 - 20 of 33 Posts