Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Massey Ferguson 1655 today from the second owner got some extras parts with it and manual and so forth. Bonus was it has wheel wights which I was happy about, Front tires are shot had to load it backwards on the trailer. Has three point hitch, mower deck and snow plow. Deck has a little rust hole area. Motor runs but needs something its idling rough then mess with the throttle and choke it clears up and runs smooth at high RPM only. All in all I think 300 is a ok price for what I paid for it he wanted 350 and I told him hows 300 he said thats fine. He owned it for over 20 years himself and put a new short block in it years and years ago can't really remember when. We drove it on the trailer backwards as both fronts are done. It needs stripped and painted but want to get it running good before I bother with that.

Attachments

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
I'll give your money back, what a GREAT deal. Way to GO !! :thumbs:

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
I'll give you three Big Reds and a 110 for it all! :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
6,259 Posts
Wow, what a great deal. Noel.

·
Tractorholic
1,711 Posts
Yes, you got a killer deal on that. Its probably just the carb needs a good cleaning.

·
Super Moderator
54,348 Posts
That's a good buy. Congrats!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I haven't been in the best of shape lately, but I'd still buy them all day long at that price!

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
You got a great deal.If I could I'd pay that for one anyday. Good buy for sure.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Congrats on a great deal. Sometimes waiting for that wow factor pays off good.

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Paint looks good on it, like it was cared for MOST of it's life. Blade looks like hardly used. 3pt is valuable on these. Great deals like these never seem to pop-up, even tho driving by my place, people would see that I am into tractors. Most times people just KNOW that you might be interested and tell others who have stuff to get rid of. Maybe I'm wrong and neighbors would like to see my stuff GO, and not be there?? Hmm!

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone need to get tires for the front and clean the carb thats what I plan to do first off. I couldn't pass it up for the price I didn't even know about the rear weights until i got there because I never saw any pictures of it. Those alone are worth some money.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Amazing deal. You can afford to put some money in it and get it solid for that price. Great find!

--Eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts