Garden Tractor Forums banner

Picked up a mod 612 cub backhoe and looking for what cub cadet does it fit

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  yorich40 
#1 ·
Does anyone have information as to what does this factory backhoe attach to. It is a cub cadet mod 612 and i think it is complete with the frame and cross braces. I purchased it thinking I might attach it to a Bolens large frame tractor. Before I do this, I would like to explore all my options including possibly purchasing a correct ih cub cadet (whatever model) . Any thoughts or information is most certainly welcome

#9 ·
:yeah_that: Chop it up and mount it to the Bolens. Don't waste your time or money trying to find the right Cub Cadet to put it on.

Hack away, it was made for the 7000 series SCUT units made by Mitsubishi for Cub Cadet. Possibly the worst scut tractors ever sold that were not made in China.
The 7000 series built by Mitsubishi were great machines. I think you might be thinking of the models from that series that turned into the 6000 series. Those were assembled in this country from parts from like 6 different countries and your right they're absolute garbage compared to the Mitsubishi built ones. My dad wouldn't even sell them when they came out. We ordered 1 when they first started making them and as soon as it was delivered he took 1 look at it and was on the phone with our Cub Cadet territory rep saying get this piece of ***** out of here.

#10 ·
I would assume that a separate hyd system would be necessary. I put a fel on a 1476 and installed a separate hyd. Pump as I was concerned that the Bolens system would be overworked doing two jobs concurrently. In this application could the hyd. pump be driven from the front splined shaft on a 20 or 23?
How are the extended frames attached to the Bolens? I've seen them in the past and never paid attention as to how they were linked. Guess I didn't expect to ever be involved with a project like this. Lots of research and questions ahead. Any info is most welcomed.

#11 ·
An update------- The backhoe was made by Woods for IH. Typically a really well made unit but too heavy for my Bolens. My concern was it would tear at the frame or castings. In restoring large frames, most always the frames are cracked when they carry the two stage blowers and I think sometimes we get carried away with how strong these tractors were made . So, I sold it to an owner of a larger Kubota and he was going adapt it to fit. He's happy and I'm ok with it.

#12 ·
Does anyone have information as to what does this factory backhoe attach to. It is a cub cadet mod 612 and i think it is complete with the frame and cross braces. I purchased it thinking I might attach it to a Bolens large frame tractor. Before I do this, I would like to explore all my options including possibly purchasing a correct ih cub cadet (whatever model) . Any thoughts or information is most certainly welcome
I have that same backhoe on my cub cadet 7254 model

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.