Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member here had this advertized for sale and it was about 30 miles from my folks house in IN so I made the deal on it and brought it home. These are different then any other AMF/Massey/Snapper GT sold and I am going to try to figure what it actually is. I understand that they were only made 1 year. I will post more photos tomorrow with better detail.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brian,if you were that close you should have stopped by. I just got rid of another AMF 1414 2 or 3 days ago.
Jim, I wanted to, but could only sneak away long enough to pick this one up. I will be getting over to your place this summer when we are up there for a week.

Reactions: rustyoldjunk

·
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This one's ID tag says the same thing. So this is a only one year actual AMF built tractor then?

Reactions: rustyoldjunk

·
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not up on the AMFs, but I recall that there are some models, that were

actually rebadged MF12s. Are these 1414s one of the few that AMF actually built?
Will, The AMF 1010 was a rebadged MF 10 and the 12 hp was a 1012 or 1212, I don't remember which.

·
Has anybody seen my coffee ?
1,366 Posts
AMF did built these tractors. They also built the MF GT's for several years including the MF 14 and 16. The AMF 1414 is the only stand alone model AMF GT that I know of. The 1414 has a different frame,dash,transaxle,etc.then any of the other AMF built GT's. Best I can tell they were only built in 1969. 9xx something is the highest serial number that I have found. I just got rid of serial number 6. On sidebar,AMF also built tractors for Dynamark. There was a Dynamark equivalent to the MF 12 and MF 14.

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
Dynamark, AMF 1014 same as MF-14. Never to my knowledge did they make a 1012 AMF.
They made (AMF) 1010,1014,1414; The 1414 is in its own little world, I have all
but the Dynamark version of 1014. It was blue and white like some of the 1010s.
Shawn

·
Super Moderator
54,362 Posts
Nice score, Brian! Gotcha another oddball!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Good snag Brian! I figured all the AMF models had the MF12 type Hydrogear transaxles!

·
4 Posts
Brian have fun with that new toy. It does have a chunk of iron on the front and fiberglass fenders on the back. I have a 1414 that I purchased from a estate sale in Dallas years ago. I hoped that these were a rebadged MF12 or MF anything, but it is not. As someone said, "The 1414 is in its own little world,". Mine has a starting problem that is in the wiring or electronic ignition. The previous owner had a repair shop work on it and still no go. I starting trouble shooting the problem and have not gotten back on it. I would bet that you will have yours running before mine.

Does yours have the CAT 0 lift?

Looking forward to your pics.

• AMF 1414 Serial Number: 1414-01-0107
  • Kohler K321-S Serial 0297666 Which I dated to 1974

1 - 18 of 18 Posts