Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
At the Summer Show, a guy wanted to know if I wanted to buy a cultivator like the one I had.

$25 later, we were both happy.

Looks to be there except the depth wheels, just disassembled so he could make it work with his Allis (long gone) back when he had a garden.
Wood Automotive tire Gas Landscape Automotive wheel system
Wood Asphalt Road surface Automotive wheel system Auto part
Road surface Wood Asphalt Chair Grass

Thinking I may make a slot hitch for it so KK can use it.

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Looks good.

Can you use it as a middle buster or a center plow to dig a trench?

Use the sleeve hitch yoke with the 2 center channels and 1 or 2 of the wide shovels in line, (pic) so it can dig a narrow shallow trench?

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
OK, here is what she looks like this morning.

It was a little rainy so I decided to finish this half done project...
We had these extra pieces around that we rescued from the scrap pile. They say empire on them, but they do (just) fit thru the keeps

Any guesses what I have it set up for?
Plant Tire Tree Wood Wheel
Plant Wood Tree Natural landscape Trunk
Road surface Wood Asphalt Triangle Grass

Attachments

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
I agree that it looks like a furrowing setup, but I have to say that the rear "blades" seem as though they'll undo what the front middle buster does. Almost as though there should be a planting device in between them. It looks great and I'm sure that it will do whatever you designed it to do. Any chance we'll get to see the pattern that it leaves behind?

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I agree that it looks like a furrowing setup, but I have to say that the rear "blades" seem as though they'll undo what the front middle buster does. Almost as though there should be a planting device in between them. It looks great and I'm sure that it will do whatever you designed it to do. Any chance we'll get to see the pattern that it leaves behind?
Yes, it sure looks like the blades will fill in the middle furrow.

Other than seat time, there's got to be a reason for that setup.

I can't wait for Alan to figure it out...

·
Tractorholic
8,470 Posts
Not sure what you plan on using it for but I think I could use it for making the hills I plant my beans on instead of using a RAKE !!! The I do lol .

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed I would be listening to Klingon in this thread.

Wow, I have never heard of pack ADHD, but this should be a case study.

This is a genuine Pennsylvania do-nuthin' machine... Just kidding, it really does have a purpose...

Tonight, after KK's softball game, Ryan and I built the tube that the person walking will drop the potatoes in.

Planting time, Front shovel digs, kid drops in tater, hillers cover.

Summer, Use just the hillers after they break ground.

Fall, flip the hillers and make them wings to follow the shovel point for harvesting.

I hope to make a few minutes in my Sunday parent visit to try it out somewhere. If I can, pics pass or fail.

·
Super Moderator
55,658 Posts
Sounds like a plan, Alan! Whatcha gonna plant in the test, rocks?

Reactions: IamSherwood
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.