Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
We are in another campground. This time near Valparaiso IN.

We picked up the generator and are now on the way home. I'm thinking we should get there either tomorrow or Fri, all depending on how far I want to drive :D :D :D

It looks good, other than some paint spatter from when the PO was dong some painting. He said that it was latex, so I might be able to get most of it off without too much of a problem.

I looked at the re-engined 1220. It's a danged good looking original tractor (except for the engine). He does have the original TEC and says that he thinks that it needs the ign. module.

The square back tiller looks VERY good, and probably hasn't been used all that much.

Anyway here are pics of the generator.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,160 Posts
We are in another campground. This time near Valparaiso IN.

We picked up the generator and are now on the way home. I'm thinking we should get there either tomorrow or Fri, all depending on how far I want to drive :D :D :D

It looks good, other than some paint spatter from when the PO was dong some painting. He said that it was latex, so I might be able to get most of it off without too much of a problem.

I looked at the re-engined 1220. It's a danged good looking original tractor (except for the engine). He does have the original TEC and says that he thinks that it needs the ign. module.

The square back tiller looks VERY good, and probably hasn't been used all that much.

Anyway here are pics of the generator.
Get some denatured alcohol! That will take the latex off real quick!

Reactions: Alc and OldBuzzard

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Kewll!!

Reactions: OldBuzzard

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I do have an electric chainsaw, and places where my 100' extension cord won't reach....

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that the one you told me about buzz? If so looks like a real cool unit you picked up.
Could be.

It was listed on the Chicago CL a month ago as part of a pkg deal: 1220 with a 16 Hp Honda engine, the generator, and a square back tiller. Might have had a blade as well.

Anyway I emailed about the generator, and he eventually decided that since he couldn't move the pkg that he'd break it up, and asked if I was still interested in the generator.

Of course I said yes, and made arrangements to pick it up on the way home from FL.

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
My kind of traveler....when IN is on they way home from FL and you live in OH...I have no room to talk, I've made arrangements to go to Ft Wayne this weekend for some old car parts...do I need them? well no..., could I get them closer? well maybe...although these are the first ones I've heard of in a condition I want for a price that including fuel is still in budget.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on your travels, I for one really enjoy your trip logs and photos :thumbs:

·
Registered
313 Posts
heck OB that thing is gonna cost twice what a kwh from the lines costs just to trim a bush , oh ya i forgot the fun factor, great pick and good luck

·
1,206 Posts
Those are really neat attachment. I've seen only one other like yours nice find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts