Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was mowing, the PK wiring was snagged by (wrapped around) the driveshaft and it ripped out most of the electrical connections. The Owners Manual has a lousely schematic. Can someone share the Service Manual wiring diagram and give me a clue on how to reconstruct this electrical nightmare. Snapper-King GT2048H.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Hi Dave Sal, welcome to the group, sorry to tell you this but the wire diagram in the service manual is the same as is found in the owners manual, at least in the manuals I have maybe another member has a better one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! In the schematic is a "engine plug", with 4 connections. Do you know what that is and where it might be located on the tractor?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Hi there is a plug with 5 connectors that would be the key/ignition switch those wires are "M" = magneto "S" wire to starter solenoid, "L" wire to the lights, "G" is a ground wire "B" is battery wire/12 V power

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
Thank you! In the schematic is a "engine plug", with 4 connections. Do you know what that is and where it might be located on the tractor?
I don't have that tractor but I think the Kohler on my mower has a 4 wire plug that comes out by the edge of the shroud and has the kill wire and stator wires in it. Comes out by where the cyl meets the crankcase.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Oh ok those wires are the 12 VDC from the voltage reg, one is the engine over heat sensor to the dash light one is the ignition kill wire and one would be the oil pressure light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts