Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Rain is a rotten trick. As for your garden, I think the water will survive for a little while at least lol.

Don't feel bad about getting your weekend dampened by weather. I smoked the Gilson starter today. Then Dad had a few other things fail on the other pieces of equipment. If you ever need to know how many tilling mechanisms it takes to till a garden, the answer is four so far... not sure how much higher that number will go....

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
JD., We have had over 8" in the last 48 hrs. I know what you mean, I really need to mow, but can't get the grass dry enough to do so between showers.

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JD., We have had over 8" in the last 48 hrs. I know what you mean, I really need to mow, but can't get the grass dry enough to do so between showers.
Yeah they are predicting rain everyday through wednesday and the lawn is about 8 inches high now.

I had heard there was a ton of rain around San Antonio,, i dead and several missing. I spent 4 months in San Antonio and Austin back in 84. They do not build bridges across creeks down there. They use low water crossings and have posts marked with water depth over the road. They so rarely get water over the roads people do not realize how little water it takes to wash a car off the road.

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Yeah they are predicting rain everyday through wednesday and the lawn is about 8 inches high now.

I had heard there was a ton of rain around San Antonio,, i dead and several missing. I spent 4 months in San Antonio and Austin back in 84. They do not build bridges across creeks down there. They use low water crossings and have posts marked with water depth over the road. They so rarely get water over the roads people do not realize how little water it takes to wash a car off the road.
That and they just don't think about what they are doing while driving. I have never had to drive so defensively in my life as I have living here.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Well our rain has stopped for a while, I was able to get all the grass mowed. I had weeds that were 3 feet tall in places, I got those as well. I then sprayed roundup on anything I can't mow.

I cleaned the chicken coop, and weeded the garden. I have the smoker ready to go in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Strange weather all over. It seems to be colder than normal in the East and we also seem to be getting a lot of rain. I know some areas of Texas need rain after a couple of dry years but it would be nice if you didn't get it all in one day!

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
I know some areas of Texas need rain after a couple of dry years but it would be nice if you didn't get it all in one day!
JD., I agree. We really need a whole lot of rain, I just wish it would spread itself out over a couple weeks, not hours.

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That and they just don't think about what they are doing while driving. I have never had to drive so defensively in my life as I have living here.
You got that right!! If traffic is not moving fast enough on the 4 lane they will drive off of it anywhere and race down the frontage roads. That took some getting used to all our 4 lanes are closed access. They make my commute to Des Moines seem tame.

·
Super Moderator
54,614 Posts
JD., I agree. We really need a whole lot of rain, I just wish it would spread itself out over a couple weeks, not hours.
You guys got drenched down there, Brian! Hope it eases off for a few days!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts