Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had that same push mower! It sucked because you'd tighten up the bars so it wouldn't push up, but it would still push up. (Like a lot of slack on the bars). But, it was a cool looking mower, and it ran and mowed pretty good. But, for that much.. Not worth it.. Ian

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Do not worry when you can not understand such fanaticisim. Just be glad that our type of fanaticisim makes sense to us. My son can't understand how a Civil War musket is $2000 and some painting goes for millions when the musket is so much more kool. Its just different strokes for different strokes. Good Luck, Rick

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It's in excellent shape and probably aimed at a collector. I haven't used one for almost 40 years but they were good mowers for side hills due to being 2 strokes and also were light weight and easy to push which was good when you had a lot of lawn to mow.

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I messed around a bit with Lawnboy, and they attract a whole diverse group of folks. Everybody has their thing. They are nice machines, though.

Ben W.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
I've got one I need to sell.

·
486 Posts
Let's face it, ebay sellers have discovered that there are forums for everything we can imagine, and they become members or just view them to see what people want. The more of them that find out about us collectors, the higher the prices go. It wasn't that long ago when a guy could pick up an old Wheel horse for next to nothing, get it cleaned up and running and either keep it or turn it for a profit. Unless you are js5020 who has people beatin his door down to give him stuff. :bigrofl: It's the same for all the GT brands out there now. I do think however, that the lawnboy collectors are a special breed. The oil and smoke gets to em, ya know? Then one gets a little position of authority on a tractor forum, whips out his Bible :reading_the_manual: and turns the place into a church and starts boottin the percieved sinners out the door for no apparent reason and no explanation. It's ok though, cause they got some corporate dillweed sittin there behind em sayin :loosing_it: duh, yea, that's ok. But I digress... :D

Reactions: js5020

·
Mower Extraordinaire
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I guess different stroke (get it 2 stroke...) for different folks.

I can buy a brand new warranted machine for 300 bucks. Was it higher class people that could only afford these back in the day? I NEVER would pay 25 bucks or more for a push mower. For one they take to much work to use them and if I have to work on it I usually jerk on the cord till my arm is about to fall off. Whatever my rider can't get to I round up. I weed eat probably 2-3 times a year and that's usually between sprays.

·
Procrastinators unite tomorrow
1,417 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts