Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather is getting colder by the day here, so figured this may be one of the last days to plow the garden under before it gets too wet. Also got the blower on the EK10 yesterday

Attachments

·
Jack of all trades, master of none.
1,133 Posts
I tried to do that today. But spent all day trying to get my plow set up right with my new hitch. After I got all the bugs worked out it was too late. This is the first time I ever used a plow or the hitch

·
Registered
697 Posts
Looks good Doc. I currently have pigs turned out in the garden, but they are taking a trip to the butchers on Wednesday. It has been raining a lot here lately, but if things dry up enough, I may turn mine under on Sunday

Jim

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Weather is getting colder by the day here, so figured this may be one of the last days to plow the garden under before it gets too wet. Also got the blower on the EK10 yesterday
Just curious, how well did that rig work for you? It looks like it did a great job!

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious, how well did that rig work for you? It looks like it did a great job!
It works great! Put her at 3/4 throttle and it dosent break a sweat.

Everything I use in the setup is stock what would have been available at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That
It works great! Put her at 3/4 throttle and it dosent break a sweat.
Everything I use in the setup is stock what would have been available at the time of purchase.
That is sweet!!

Reactions: Bolens 1000

·
Super Moderator
54,142 Posts
Looks great Doc! I plowed ours the other day, but I couldn't get the thing to dig deep enough and I'm not sure why, I had 'er screwed almost all the way down.
May be the plow is not set right per the manual!

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Looks great Doc! I plowed ours the other day, but I couldn't get the thing to dig deep enough and I'm not sure why, I had 'er screwed almost all the way down.
You may also have a worn out plow point. I had to learn to spot the difference. Check here for my story and some pictures. Note that regardless of how I adjusted the plow, it would not plow properly, even with a bit of weight on it.

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/53419-follow-up-on-plow-day/?p=673527

Reactions: Bolens 1000

·
1,206 Posts
Looks good that 1050 does a great job. It's nice to see it out and about doing some work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts