Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to put my garden tractor to work this winter.I plowed my driveway without too many issues.Part of my drive is gravel so I got stuck at first. A bit more weight and I think it would be awesome!

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing those. She got the job done, that's

the main thing. :thumbs: Adding more crossers to the tire chains will also

make a huge difference. Probably more so, than adding more weight.

·
Super Moderator
55,273 Posts
Glad you got some seat time! Looks like it did a pretty good job!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Looks like a really nice property you have there. It takes a while to figure out what works for any given driveway and weather/ snow conditions. It looks like you are off to a great start.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I was doing the same thing with my 76' Sears, great tractors! The wheel weights make all the difference, especially going uphill. I had to plow three sections of driveway about 300' long, and the old Sears pulled it off without any problems.I picked up the tractor a week ago, and was hoping it would hold together plowing a foot of snow.All of the lights worked along with the charging system, too. This is my new favorite! You did a fine job there!

Attachments

·
enjoyin the livin part of life!
1,083 Posts
Looks like the old GT did a good job! I'm leaning towards more weight and some 2link chains as others have suggested,I know I can tell quite a difference now that I've added 50lb wheel weights,chains are next on my list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.