Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

Yesterday I attended the 49th annual Portersville, PA show hosted by the Northwest PA Steam Engine and Old Equipment Association. I was met there by member WVBuzzmaster (Casey) and member Tractorgarden (Shawn).

We all took in the show where the feature this year was Power King / Economy tractors. There was a nice showing of PK's there of all shapes, ages, and sizes, many with original implements and attachments. There were also some homemade attachments and custom modifications in attendance which always makes for good conversation.

In addition to the feature, there were also several unique and rare Garden Tractors on display...not to mention all of the usual brands were well represented.

This show has been a staple of the show season for me for several years. It boasts a complete and working print shop, a blacksmith shop, a small gauge railroad from which much of the grounds can be seen. There is a homemade ice cream shop and some really good food is available at the kitchen where they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

This show also has many rotating demonstrations throughout the day including threshing, baling, and a working saw mill!

Did I mention the first class flea market? Several vendors from the surrounding area as well as some from neighboring states show up to peddle their wares and many a bargain can be had!

There are buildings dedicated to crafters and a nice display of working steam equipment on the grounds as well.

The local Civil War reenactment group sets up their cannons and fires them off periodically throughout the day too. The gentlemen and ladies there are happy to answer any question you may have about their top notch display.

There is much to see at this wonderful show, more than I have room to mention here. The show runs from Thursday through Sunday the first weekend in August. If you didn't happen to make it this year, make your plans now to attend next year. The club puts on a great show that is not to be missed.

I took some pictures and posted them in the gallery Here. If you attended and took some pictures, feel free to add them to the page!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts