Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tractorholic
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this tiller on Craigslist. The ad says it needs to be rebuild, but I don't know much about them except I to get one with good tines as they are expensive to replace.

Would it be worth it or would it cost me more to fix then just looking for another one? I don't see a lift link.

5I75G55Ec3Kb3Mf3mec4p4622a0bd02b4182c.jpg 5K65F85H53K13M63L3c4p3a8dbb5f1cf6154d.jpg 5La5G25Hb3Ga3M53p6c4pa0e58da4c8a51526.jpg

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
I saw that one on CL today as well.
You really cant pass up free , so If I were you I'd go and get it. The tines look in decent shape.
Its hard to tell exactly what "Needs a rebuild" means as it could mean it needs to be cleaned up and painted or the gears are shot.

·
Tractorholic
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i was thinking but if it will cost a few hundred to fix then it may not bet. I am going to try and take a look at least.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
The tines look great, and seem to be able to be removable? For free, get it. Who knows what the next one might look like, and then you'll wish you would have gotten this one for parts. Just my two cents worth, but you can never have enough replacement parts.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
You need to be on that like Rosie O'Donnell on a cheeseburger!

The lift link isn't a problem. You can get one from Jestin at www.tubeframes.com for around $25.00 or so.

Even if it's not repairable, the tines are worth something.

·
Tractorholic
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I sent an email last night and am waiting to hear back. I will try and pick it up tomorrow or this weekend. Once I do, if it is not gone, I will get some better pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts