Garden Tractor Forums banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Economy. Not sure of year or model number.

Started on getting it running today.

Need gas tank.

Thanks for any help!

Trying to post picture. Guess I'll figure it out.

olf20 / Bob

·
Super Moderator
54,017 Posts
My Economy. Not sure of year or model number.

Started on getting it running today.

Need gas tank.

Thanks for any help!

Trying to post picture. Guess I'll figure it out.

olf20 / Bob
Bob, Look at my signature in this post. Has a link to uploading pics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
View attachment 308852 5C5ACF2E-FFF1-4B0A-923C-85EB484B48C6.jpeg
Another 59 Country Squire. This was purchased new by my grandfather. She had a lot of implements (single plow, disc harrow, snow blade, belly mower, hydraulics but much of that was stolen over the years by my grabdparents awesome tenants. She still has her mower, snow blade, draw bar and electrical system.

I completed this restoration in 2013 then she sat for a good spell. Just getting her back up and running now! 5C5ACF2E-FFF1-4B0A-923C-85EB484B48C6.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got my new 1959 Country Squire home today, needs worked over but seems to be all there. Not sure what the cultivator was for but has MODEL A73 stamped on it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,017 Posts
My latest find is an original 1982 1614 with dual transmission in very nice condition. Starts and runs like a Swiss watch. Looking for a set of W12 wheel weights.
Nice looking machine! Enjoy!

Reactions: MNGB

·
Registered
240 Posts
My latest find is an original 1982 1614 with dual transmission in very nice condition. Starts and runs like a Swiss watch. Looking for a set of W12 wheel weights.
That is a very clean example; someone took care of that!

Reactions: MNGB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Been cleaning, doing maintenance, new tires, replacing the clutch and a little painting to the PK. In general, getting it into shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the Economy Tractor Power King that my mom bought in somewhere around 1975 to 1977. I don't know how to figure out the exact year or where to find the S/N. I see the S/N for the engine near the carburetor. This tractor has been down for a few years but I replaced the battery a couple years ago and I just cleaned out the carb and got it running again. I spent a lot of hours on this tractor as a boy and it was good to hear it running good again.

The mower deck is not the original because that one rusted out. You can see one big rust hole in the top of this deck and that is not the only hole or the biggest. That is the result of not cleaning out the wet grass and parking in a wet garage with a bad floor. I have a guy working on it to see if he can weld in some new metal and help us get a few more years out of it. As I recall, the metal on the original deck was amazingly heavy and I can't believe it rusted away but I guess decades of neglect will do that.

Besides the mower deck, we also have the roto-tiller attachment. To complement the tiller, you can see our tractor also has the dual transmissions, which are AWESOME! 💪

If/when we get the mower back I will try to post an action shot. We've had so much rain lately that I may not be able to use the mower for a long time. I should have asked the welder to fabricate some pontoons for it.

While working on it, I noticed the belt that drives the hydraulic pump has a small chunk out of it so I have been getting some advice on that in another forum topic, which is what brought me here. I am going to run the current belt for as long as I can since you have to remove the engine to replace it, and if it breaks I will try one of those link belts. The belt may have had a chunk missing since 1980!

I was very happy to see the manuals, so I hope the new web site software will continue to provide access to them (if I can figure out which manual applies to this tractor).

Thanks.
-Marty

20210607_160324.jpg 20210607_160309.jpg

181 - 198 of 198 Posts