Garden Tractor Forums banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Picked up an economy tractor this past Friday, was told that it is a 1959 and comes from a farm in Connecticut. Runs and drives but needs a tune-up to run well.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Hi dlang94, yes per the SN it a 1959 model, congrats on your purchase not a bad looking Economy those B&S model 23 engines are a good stout engine. Those lift assist springs are interesting never seen that set up before but it looks like it would work good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1981 Power King 1614 w/ Loader SN 56129

Hello, I'm new on this forum so pix may not work. I had never heard of a Power King Tractor in my 70+ years around farming and equipment till last week when a Craig's List ad from the next door town showed a 1981 Power King 1614 with a loader. Just had to check it out. I was impressed how well constructed, well preserved with mostly original paint and decals, working well, and obviously never abused. The Seller was moving to Oklahoma and couldn't take it with him. Now it's in my driveway. I tackled our Maine snowbanks and it sure has courage. The hood decal shows sold locally by Madison Tire and Auto Sales, Madison, ME, 04956, Ph. 696-5350. It has dual 3 speed transmissions, front PTO, 3 Point Hitch, new clutch assembly, and a whole folder of Factory Manuals. I sure like the fit for my aging bones and think it will be handy around the yard especially lifting those antique Willys Jeep parts. If these pix work, maybe you can tell me if it is really what it appears to be. Maybe you have a list of surviving SN's to see if its been registered previously. Looking forward to roaming around this Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm new here, and this 1966 Power King is new to me. Found this site looking for user and maintenance information the previous owner was unable to provide at the time of purchase. I'm not waiting to see if he ever finds it...

Bought it to use more than show, but showing isn't out of the question. It has previously appeared at the WA State Fair in Puyallup. You can see the rototiller in front of it, there is also a brush rake (spring tooth harrow), disc harrow set, mower deck, and a blade that may be adapted but wasn't made to fit this tractor. The tractor has the double 3 speed transmissions. It starts reliably after I did some work clearing the fuel lines and filter. The charging side of the starter / charger isn't working. Leading to research, leading here.

PK1966.jpg

I'm a retired old soldier hoping to to some subsistence farming. I will keep my craftsman riding mower 'cause it will mow faster than the PK.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi All. New to this sight and would like to say there are some fine looking PK tractors out there. Love looking at all the different things people do with there tractors. I just recently picked up a 2418 PK with a front end loader and I am in the process of adding power steering and attaching a Walker 2 stage snow blower and rotary broom to mine. It is a work in progress and will post more pics when finished. If anyone has any useful info they would like to share with me on this I am open to suggestions.. IMG_1907.JPG 20180721_101224.jpg 20180721_101240.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ,Just got economy jim dandy ,i dont know what year or serial number it is.any help determining what year would be appreciated .Thanks Beemer Airhead

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, Finally took some pictures of the 1978 2418 after I cleared the driveway today. I picked this up last fall for snow removal and landscaping. In addition to the dozer blade I have a FEL in pieces and a rust hulk of a mower deck with frozen spindles. The FEL will go on this summer. I am excited for that.

2418 front right.jpg

2418 front left.jpg

2418 rear left.jpg

2418 rear right.jpg

2418 right high.jpg

Attachments

161 - 180 of 198 Posts