Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have an S-14H that was pretty awesome, then the hydro or something went, and I haven't found anyone to fix it, so I think it's time to sell what's left for parts. I think I'm keeping the mower deck for use on the S-12, but I don't even know what to ask, or if I should just haul it to the scrapyard. Hydraulics work, has front, mid and rear hydraulics and a 3 point hitch too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking the hydraulics out of the S-14 and transplanting them into the S-12. The whole reason I bought the S-12 was I planned to throw the hydrostatic stuff in the S-14, but those particular parts are completely and totally different.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
What don't work about it? Check the bypass on the valves and make sure the lever isn't flipped up to disengage them, the "push/pull/tow" position.
I've had a few of those check valves go bad before, IH cub cadets, some wheel horse and Deere machines use the same ones. I had a spare hydro from an Ariens that I had parted out, took the ones out to use in a cub cadet that had a problem with it's valves
There's a guy on the other forums that rebuilds them, pretty cheap too/ compared to just buying used ones or new ones. Any machine that has the sunstrand hydro will use the same ones. There were 2 different ones that will interchange, some had the plunger on top, some didn't. Those don't need to be disengaged for push/pull/tow. they were considered "automatic".
I'd hate to see ya get rid of a good machine for something simple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What don't work about it? Check the bypass on the valves and make sure the lever isn't flipped up to disengage them, the "push/pull/tow" position.
I've had a few of those check valves go bad before, IH cub cadets, some wheel horse and Deere machines use the same ones. I had a spare hydro from an Ariens that I had parted out, took the ones out to use in a cub cadet that had a problem with it's valves
There's a guy on the other forums that rebuilds them, pretty cheap too/ compared to just buying used ones or new ones. Any machine that has the sunstrand hydro will use the same ones. There were 2 different ones that will interchange, some had the plunger on top, some didn't. Those don't need to be disengaged for push/pull/tow. they were considered "automatic".
I'd hate to see ya get rid of a good machine for something simple.
Close inspection after reading this, it does appear the lever was flipped up. Been charging the battery, going to see what happens. The potential for me to feel stupid in this situation is enormous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, I have an S-14H that was pretty awesome, then the hydro or something went, and I haven't found anyone to fix it, so I think it's time to sell what's left for parts. I think I'm keeping the mower deck for use on the S-12, but I don't even know what to ask, or if I should just haul it to the scrapyard. Hydraulics work, has front, mid and rear hydraulics and a 3 point hitch too.
have you tried to check fluid level? make shure the resivoir is full, or maybe filter is plugged and needs cleaning or changing??

·
Registered
15 Posts
i know mine i had (ss12 hydro) i used atf in it, as its thinner and doesnt jell up in cold weather

1 - 15 of 15 Posts