Garden Tractor Forums banner

Project I Started This Weekend

Tags
hiller
3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Terryt 
#1 ·
So a post about a home made hiller using a front end from a garden tractor. Had all the parts in my salvage pile so thought why not. Turned out better and easier then thought it would. Added a roller to firm up the soil and a furrow to make it easy to plan seeds or potatoes.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum! Got some pics of this implement? My signature has a link to pic help and we love pics!

Reactions: larryd
#7 ·
This sounds like a project worthy of a few copycats! I'll third or fourth or whatever the motion for pictures. We're democratic on pictures: majority says post, and the majority rules!

Ben W.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Since majority rules I'll try to post pictures. If I can't. Email me and I'll send them to you. I' m not very good at computer stuff. If I can't fix it,with a hammer I' m lost. Not sure why my pictures are upside down. I came across this web site while surfing and am getting some great ideas. Great site

Green Automotive tire Plant Grass Wheel
Green Leaf Wood Grass Gas

Wheel Plant Nature Tire Automotive tire
Brown Plant Landscape Grass Beige

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Harvester

Attachments

#14 ·
That, my man, is one nice piece of fabrication/construction :thumbs: !

Looks like a great idea implemented (pun unintended but there so deal with it :smilewink: ) by using materials on hand, that is my kind of project, the lower the budget the better. Welcome to the site, look around and enjoy your time.

#15 ·
Wow ! That looks like it would be perfect for a home gardener :thumbs: You guys having given me so many ideas now just have to get off my a** and start making them happen lol

Reactions: Terryt
#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wish I could take credit for the idea of using the front axel from a riding mower. I did add some improvements on my own though. The amazing part was how easy it was to build. I have a lot on "junk" so it went together fast . Works so much better then i. thought it would. I usually have to rebuild my projects a couple of times to get it right .Had not thought of naming it. Tractor looks pretty rough because I rolled it twice hence the new bigger radiator and no hood but still runs and pulls good. Does anyone know why my pictures are upside down?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.