Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to move the ole truck over to the new house so finally pulled it out into the driveway and started giving it a bath with the pressure washer. It has been sitting so long, the algae/fungus looks like barnacles on the body. Got about half of it washed off. The new house does not have enough water supply for pressure washer. After I get it over to the other house, plan to start working on it to get it running.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Body looks in good shape. What is wrong?

I've got an 85 C10 that has alot of body rot that I plan to fix up soon. A control arm, fenders, rockers, doors and inner fenders will need to be replaced. Fortunately, I was able to pick up most of the pieces from CL at good prices. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Body looks in good shape. What is wrong?

I've got an 85 C10 that has alot of body rot that I plan to fix up soon. A control arm, fenders, rockers, doors and inner fenders will need to be replaced. Fortunately, I was able to pick up most of the pieces from CL at good prices. Good Luck, Rick
It was a project my nephew owned. I helped him get ahold of a healthy 350 for it. The guy he had do the motor swap hacked stuff up, nephew never finished it. I bought it from him in 2012 and life just got in the way. It ran when I parked it, although really bad, then had the carb rebuilt, but it needs tanks dropped, all new fuel lines, complete tune up, and other stuff. My son wants to get it going so once I get it over to the new house, we can start fiddling with it.

If you mow your yard and find a car........
I also found the washer and a couch :rolling: :rolling:

I always liked that style chevy. With all the salt used around here it is rare to find one you could not throw a cat through.
Now don't get personal, Cat may get offended :poke: :D but that would be a big hole! :smilewink:

It is starting to pop us some rust. Both doors looked to have been skinned at one time and from another truck since they are blue inside, rest of truck was white. I am going to look for some decent replacements, much easier than trying to fix these. Getting a hole in the rockers on each side, but not super bad yet, bed has a couple holes in one of the stake pockets and some rust spots other places. Body is pretty clean other than a dent on pass side bed by gas door, got a crease there.

Square bodies are my favorite! I sure miss my old K5 I had.

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
I bet that 292 burns more gas than my 305 pictured above. :biting_nails:

BTS, I just had a thought. I owe you a pic of my bay window Vee Dub van with the 2.0L Ford water cooler.

It'll be in other toys and hobbies here in a few.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
My first paint job was on my '86 I picked up for a song b always liked the body. All mine needed was cosmetics , brakes and exhaust. Oh and a seat. The cab stunk like a herd of goats lived in and I told the seller so. He did not know what I was referring to but stink!!! Pressure washer and Lysol to interior!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Does this count as a square body? it's a '81 C30, I have had the old thing for close to 5 years now, it spends all it's time pulling trailers and I haven't had one problem with it yet. It has a 292 inline 6 in it.
Yep, 73-87, 73-91 for K5's, Subrubans and the 1 tons.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,772 Posts
Better looking truck than the ones I drive! Looking forward to seeing you get it on the road.

DAC

Reactions: TAHOE

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One thing I have never understood, I've seen many of the short box 1/2 ton trucks have dual tanks, but yet the large 3/4 or 1 tons only have 1 tank. One would think the bigger trucks would need more gas for towing, working, etc. Maybe cause with the short bed the tanks had to be small so they put in two?

My son did some more washing of a couple panels. He is now wanting me to make a list of what needs to be done to get it running. I never thought he was ever going to express my mechanic gene I passed on to him, but maybe he's just a late bloomer :smilewink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.