1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure that all the tractors will fit, so none of them will have to sleep outdoors :D :D :D

I mean we are talking 12' wide by 48' long in total.

I may try to put them back to back and just make really long shelter.

Reactions: JRJ

·
Banned
5,695 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I put one up a few years ago here, but.......we get some winds going through my yard. I see little plastic green houses around the area but in my yard, you can forget that! Within a couple of months, I had to fix it a couple of times, then within the first year, parts of it were shredded and the 2 inch metal frame was bent up beyond repair. I think it was the way the wind comes across the yard and goes around that end of the house. I am betting that if it had just been out in the open, it would still be standing. The kid's trampoline was in the open and that never took off.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Are you sure you can fit all your tractors and attachments in those? That's a pretty long list of bolens stuff in your signature and those large frames take up a lot of space. It's good to know they won't be out in the elements this winter.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Are you sure you can fit all your tractors and attachments in those? That's a pretty long list of bolens stuff in your signature and those large frames take up a lot of space. It's good to know they won't be out in the elements this winter.
I won't know for sure until I have them up. However, I know that based on the length and width published, that I can get 2 large frame and 2 tube frame tractors on my 7'x14' trailer, so I should have quite a bit of room left over for attachments.

I do have most of the attachments on plastic skids so they are up off the ground.

I'll make sure that what doesn't go inside will be stuff that 'weathers' well, and then just tarp and stake the ones that have to stay outside.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
9 Tractors will fit. I have 4 LF 4 TF and a EK in mine. 10 would be pushing it.

If you have high winds at your place she will last around 2 to 3 years if you keep the rips in the cover duck taped up and you put tape on all bolts and sharp corners.

20x20 steel building has more bang for its buck and you can pore a slab to hold it to..... And the seller will put it up to....

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/18363-new-barn-and-its-already-about-full/?hl=+building

This was a used building that we took down and moved to were it is now.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If 9 tractors will go into one of them, then I'm good to go, as I'll have two of those, and 13 tractors. 7 TFs, 5 LFs, and one EK. That should leave me a good amount of space for implements. :D

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Most of the floor area in mine is coverd with 3/4 plywood to keep the tires off the ground to......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts