Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractorholic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get the engine pulley of my hh120 for the 1220 with no success:confuse: is there just the two set screws holding it on? or am i missing something?
Any help or ideas would be great thanks.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
You may have to use a lttle heat. But if you do, you will need to replace the engine crankcase seal on that side. Are you usind a good puller?

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
MH81 said:
make sure there aren't stacked set screws. (2 in the same hole).
texas deere and horse said:
You may have to use a lttle heat. But if you do, you will need to replace the engine crankcase seal on that side. Are you usind a good puller?
:ditto:

Sometimes if they are really stuck I put my impact wrench on the puller and they come right off. Only downside to that is you have a slight risk of cracking the pulley.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys. I'm letting it soak in pb blaster may try the heat the pully is the part I'm trying to save.

·
Tractorholic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
olcowhand said:
If the crankshaft is junk, I'd saw off the crank, then press the crank stub out. But do check for stacked screws as said.
That is a good idea but its not really junk its just a spare motor and i was going to look at Briggs motor for a future re-power, And I thought it would be nice if I could take the pulley along to make sure it fit.

·
Tractorholic
8,348 Posts
If your afraid of breaking the pulley a tool like this works good , you can either use the 2 threaded holes or use a 2 jaw puller on the outside of it , Al

image_735.jpg http://www.harborfreight.com/large-bearing-separator-3979.html

Attachments

Reactions: Bolens 1000
1 - 8 of 8 Posts