Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Big Ten

My 920(gotta go on a little road trip to pick it up still)

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm kind of a diesel head myself. I'd like to find another Big Ten and another Lombardini and make a baby D21 puller!

I have been looking for a 920 for 2 years now and found that prime example out in PA for a real good price, now I gotta wait till the end of march to go pick it up. The anxiety is killin me

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be cool, wonder if those are built by Perkins like all of CATs other small diesels?

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
hooligan said:
I'd love to put one of these in one of my old Massey's, Bolens, Ariens, or find a nice Allis, that would be sweet, first ones a 14 hp, the second is a 16 hp
OMG, a little baby CAT diesel. I gotta have one. I have my plans set now. Going to get a 1855 and put the CAT diesel in it. From having my own tractor trailer I only ever wanted caterpillar. It is a shame though with all of the new emissions regulations caterpillar pulled out of the big truck market. Nothing like a 550hp 1,800 tq cat with an 18sp and 3.55 rear gears to pull the hills with at least in stock form.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
hooligan said:
Those little cat deisels aren't that expensive, in fact I don't think you can re-power much cheaper with a factory type engine
You don't happen to have a source for pricing do you? I am going to get things together and I want to build a cat powered 1855. Ya I probably won't ever use it to it's full potential but I have made up my mind to do it.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I really like that 920.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.