Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Its that time of year again!

Had to run the carbs dry and put the "Summer" machines away for the winter.

I waited too long to get the restored ones put away and ended up having to drive the poor 800 in the muddy/ wet grass which made the tires filthy! :mad2:

Attachments

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Yea it is that time of year to start getting ready for winter. :boo_hoo:

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Thats what I was doing today!

Reactions: hamman

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Yea it is that time of year to start getting ready for winter. :boo_hoo:
:boo_hoo: There are sympathy tears in Virginia.

We actually have snow in the forecast for next Wednesday.

I had to dig out a snowblade today, just in case.

Ben W.

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Its that time of year again!

Had to run the carbs dry and put the "Summer" machines away for the winter.

I waited too long to get the restored ones put away and ended up having to drive the poor 800 in the muddy/ wet grass which made the tires filthy! :mad2:
Running your carbs dry might be a bad thing there is still a small amount of fuel that will be left in the bottom of the fuel bowl which will absorb the water because of the ethanol based gas and rust out the bottom of the carb .Unless of course you are running ethanol free fuel .

Just finished off my small engine class last week and the instructor who is a small engine mechanic for the last 27 years could not express enough that that is a killer of jets in carbs .

Top off your tanks with sta-bil mixed gas let them run for 5 mins turn off the engine and shut off the fuel supply for storage .

I far from clam to know anything but I have seen first hand what fuel looks like after 6 months+ its some nasty stuff when it goes bad :)

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
glad to see you are getting everything put up ur not going to run this winter

·
Registered
393 Posts
I did the opposite... I hooked up the dozer blade and dug out my warm clothes lol. I have a feeling the snow will be here sooner than later. I also dug the stihl out, a snatch block, and a few other things due to the forecast for tonight. We've had constant rain the last 48 hours and we are supposed to get hit with really heavy rain and 50 plus mph winds sometime tonight. I have a feeling I will be tending to downed tree's.. and manning the generator :( on a good note - I did winterize and hang the mower deck last night (cleaned, greased, and hung on the wall).

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts