Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a QT 16 for sale near here and I was wondering how these tractors compare to the Large frame tractors that seem more common. The owner says it's a 1973 and it looks in good shape. I had a look at the parts diagrams and it looks like a well built tractor. I'm just wondering what you guys think of this model as I have 0 experience with Bolens.

Thanks

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
All i know is there is one for sale here to, and it looks like a Nice big beast of a GT. I never even heard of one of these.

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
They are what is a called a medium frame tractor. Only draw backs besides the twin onan is the electric clutch which are hard to find. They are bigger then the tube frames but smaller then the large frames. Also attachments are hard to find as only attachments for the QS and QT models fit it.

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
They are what is a called a medium frame tractor. Only draw backs besides the twin onan is the electric clutch which are hard to find. They are bigger then the tube frames but smaller then the large frames. Also attachments are hard to find as only attachments for the QS and QT models fit it.

If your looking for a newer Bolens like the Q series I would look to get either an XL or an Eliminator series as parts are alot easier to come by.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Parts are always a consideration on older tractors. They are wanting too much money for it IMO 1000$ with only a mower deck. Parts are hard to get for the Onans these days as well.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Way to much you can buy a nice large frame for that.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Way to much you can buy a nice large frame for that.
I thought it was too much for that tractor. Hereabouts a large frame is a rare animal. When you do see one for sale the asking price is likely to be 1500+ and some of them are just totally worn out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts