Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tractorholic
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. would anyone know of a 3point hitch for a QT16[1666] such as approx cost, location etc? Maybe could arrange to trade for?

thanks GEORGE

·
38 Posts

·
Tractorholic
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snowman, thanks for reply, I will try to do a little more research on this. From the looks of the picture, there is a lot more needed for my tractor anyway. It said everything in the picture included, but a lot more is needed. If your tractor had lift arms at the top it would not be so bad, but the way i see the picture this would only be the start on the parts i would need. Unless I am missing something.

·
Tractorholic
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
18086%20page%202.jpg This will give you idea what I'm talking about

regards,George

Attachments

·
38 Posts
Bolens 3-point 1.jpg

George, I know what you mean. In addition to the 3-pt itself, you also need the Lift Kit as well. I was lucky enough to find a QT last fall that had the Lift Kit, but not the 3-pt. Until I got this one, I was figuring that I would have to fabricate my own. As it is, I'm going to be modifying mine anyway. The factory setup utilizes the central rockshaft that raises the deck and the plow, so you can only use one attachment at a time.

I am going to add another lift cylinder and separate valve for the 3-pt because I have a plan to run a 3-pt snowblower and a plow simultaneously. That way I can plow if the snow is less than a foot or so, but still have the option to blow the snow when it gets too deep for effective plowing, while retaining individual control of both front and rear attachments.

If you buy a 3-pt but you don't have the lift kit, you could mount a lift cylinder vertically between the area of the trailer hitch and a rock shaft like the one in the picture. I've seen this done by others on other forums.

If you want to see more about other hydraulic mods, let me know and I'll find the links.

Ted

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts