Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the hydraulic lift it says raise, lower and float beside the lever. How does it float. The lever does not lock in that position with a dedent or what ever, or do you have to hold it in that position for float to happen.

Noel

Attachments

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Addicted
237 Posts
I know on my 14's and 16 that they hold in the float position. But one of them is tricky, it won't always stay. So there's something that must wear and then it won't hold. Years ago I had the spool valve apart on my 14 because it was leaking but never paid much attention to and don't remember the internal functions. It was years back.

·
Registered
922 Posts
My14's all have the float position

One has hard time staying down like yours but they are supose to lock in float

Will be going to where mine are soon and will get picture of it in the float position

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Spray some lube on the linkages and spools that show at edges, maybe just gunked up. I've done that on other brands, but same situation. Have to also make sure the lever is pulling it enough for the extra length it moves and stays out.

·
Super Moderator
54,142 Posts
I believe this is the OMCO valve. Here's a pic showing the set screw Doug mentioned.

ScreenShot145.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,142 Posts
After looking in the MF 14-16 parts manual, the pic I posted is not the same valve.

Reactions: propane1

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
There is a ball lock out at the end of the valve body that holds it in float. likely it's all dried up with gunk. If I remember right, as said, there is an adjustment with a locknut on it. You may take out the adjusting screw and clean it out best you can and lube it.

·
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I have never needed the float, but have an idea for a sleeve hitch and hydraulic cylinder. This will be some time down the road project. If I do the project, I'd like the float to work.

Thanks again, Noel.

Reactions: DMAX and limebuzz

·
Registered
922 Posts
If your going to make your own type of sleve hitch you should look into how the MF 550 tiller lifts using the mower deck lift cylinder on the MF 14 / 16

May make your project easier

·
Registered
922 Posts
According to the parts mannual, On page 20 it says the valve is not serviceable, install new valve if necessary

Hopefully good cleaning and lube will bring back the float position lock for you

·
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, got the float lever fixed. It was all in the linkage, worn a little in several places which added up to the lever not pushin the valve far enough to get into the float lock position. Thanks for the help.

Noel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts